Do I have a problem?
I'm gong to try to get it together. I have been eating so bad the past few days and I'm not really sure why. Maybe even now sweets comfort me. I guess it's better than being a strong drink that does the trick. Anyway, just woke up, drank my Spark, took my Catalyst and MNS and going to try to do things right today. If I keep putting this sugar in my body, then my body will start to crave it again and I will have started that vicious cycle again. I'm also going to make it to the gym today. Lots of housework and laundry to be done as well. There is a little guilt involved...someone who is not working should have a much more organized home than I have right at the moment.
I am also feeling a little bluer (is that even a word) than usual. I have had a lot put on me this year, I know that, but I also know that some people have to deal with far worse things in their lives. I don't have any major drama going on in my life, and everyone is reasonably happy and healthy. Someone once told me that any problem that could be solved by money wasn't really a problem. At one point I believed that, but now I'm mixed. I still think of that when things get really difficult.
While I was in Afghanistan last year I was checking my regular Yahoo e-mail account and through that discovered that an 11 year old girl in our church had died from meningitis. I think in the span of two or three days it overtook her body completely and she went home to be with the Lord. Before this happening, I had started dealing with a series of major problems with a rental home I owned in San Antonio, Texas. The A/C unit completely died. There was a leak that needed to be identified and then fixed, all the flooring in the house had to be replaced. My renter left. They found termites....it goes on but you get the picture. Anyway, the point is that when I heard about this little girl passing, all of a sudden that house issue didn't seem like much at all. That house could literally implode and while I might have gone bankrupt, the people I love in my life would be healthy. I completely understood that concept.
However, not having a job, having a family and having bills (including a new mortgage) makes me re-evaluate those words of wisdom. I think I really do have a problem, but a lot of people have it worse than me.
I am also feeling a little bluer (is that even a word) than usual. I have had a lot put on me this year, I know that, but I also know that some people have to deal with far worse things in their lives. I don't have any major drama going on in my life, and everyone is reasonably happy and healthy. Someone once told me that any problem that could be solved by money wasn't really a problem. At one point I believed that, but now I'm mixed. I still think of that when things get really difficult.
While I was in Afghanistan last year I was checking my regular Yahoo e-mail account and through that discovered that an 11 year old girl in our church had died from meningitis. I think in the span of two or three days it overtook her body completely and she went home to be with the Lord. Before this happening, I had started dealing with a series of major problems with a rental home I owned in San Antonio, Texas. The A/C unit completely died. There was a leak that needed to be identified and then fixed, all the flooring in the house had to be replaced. My renter left. They found termites....it goes on but you get the picture. Anyway, the point is that when I heard about this little girl passing, all of a sudden that house issue didn't seem like much at all. That house could literally implode and while I might have gone bankrupt, the people I love in my life would be healthy. I completely understood that concept.
However, not having a job, having a family and having bills (including a new mortgage) makes me re-evaluate those words of wisdom. I think I really do have a problem, but a lot of people have it worse than me.