My first Fondant Cake!

Since I didn't want to go get a WalMart cake this year, I decided to try my hand at the fondant, which I have to admit is a lot of fun.  Yes, it was a huge pain to get the fondant on the cake in one piece and the sides draped, so I have to work on that, but I just decided it was too late and too much work to  start over.  Of course, that is what my perfectionist mind was telling me to do, but I knew that wasn't the way to go.



Danielle is tickled to death with the cake and can't wait to show it off to her friends at her party tonight.  In fact, it was her idea to put the big "10" on there and although I cut out the numbers, she put all the decorations all over it.  Turned out pretty good and I'm already trying to figure out what my next cake will be, although I don't know what it will be for.  Christmas, maybe?

I ended up using three layer cakes, torted, so there is vanilla/chocolate alternating layers.  I was afraid ganache wouldn't hold up in it because of the cream, so I filled it with the Hershey's perfectly chocolate frosting, which is really good and really chocolaty and creamy.  Frosted with vanilla buttercream to prepare it for the fondant.  BTW, the kids can't stay out of the marshmallow fondant, so that's a good sign.
0 Responses