My mother called today..
and we actually had a good conversation. I guess I am usually too busy to talk to her the way I should. She frustrates me sometimes, because I don't think she understands much about me. She has been married to my father for almost 49 years and they have an arrangement. He worked and she took care of him. I believe that when the time comes for one of my parents to pass on, the other will go very quickly afterward. They are almost like one person. Without one, the other isn't quite complete. Strange because I have always been on my own and taken care of myself, my mother is a completely different person. She has not worked much in her life...a few years before she married my father at age twenty and there was a short stint as a Social Worker in the 90s. She also does not drive, although she has on occasion in the past. There was the time she worked and there were also a few times when my brother, Brian, had to attend a school in another part of the city and my mom had to take him there. She had several accidents and has not driven in many, many years.
Anyway, we had a good talk. She is worried about me so much because I don't have a job. I didn't tell her there was a tentative one in the works because I don't want to get her hopes up and then something not work out. Or is it me that I'm afraid will get my hopes up? Either way, I am excited to go back to work on the base, even if it is in an administrative position that I swore I would never work. Having a family and bills that need to be paid tends to take away that foolish pride we seem to hold so dear. In a way, I am thankful. I have grown so much over the past couple of years. I have seen and experienced things that make you realize how thankful you are to have what God has given you. The kids are happy and healthy, we have a nice roof over our heads and no one has ever gone hungry or gone without any necessity in life. Wants....now that's a different subject, but wants can get you into trouble.
Anyway, we had a good talk. She is worried about me so much because I don't have a job. I didn't tell her there was a tentative one in the works because I don't want to get her hopes up and then something not work out. Or is it me that I'm afraid will get my hopes up? Either way, I am excited to go back to work on the base, even if it is in an administrative position that I swore I would never work. Having a family and bills that need to be paid tends to take away that foolish pride we seem to hold so dear. In a way, I am thankful. I have grown so much over the past couple of years. I have seen and experienced things that make you realize how thankful you are to have what God has given you. The kids are happy and healthy, we have a nice roof over our heads and no one has ever gone hungry or gone without any necessity in life. Wants....now that's a different subject, but wants can get you into trouble.